During cold and flu season, Leander ISD health and custodial services staff work to ensure students have a clean and healthy learning environment. Custodial services ensures all “touching points” on campuses, such as door knobs and water fountains, are disinfected. They also work directly with the school nurse to ensure that any time a case of flu is identified on a campus, they act immediately to avoid any possible spread.
Here are some friendly reminders to help stay virus-free during cold and flu season:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds
- If soap and water not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your Cough: Cough and sneeze into a tissue then throw it away, or cough and sneeze into your upper shirt sleeve, completely covering your mouth and nose
- Wash your hands after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose
- Disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects such as toys and doorknobs
- Stay at home while you are sick.