Who are our HEROES?
Caring adults who have a Heart for Encouraging, Respect, Optimism, Enthusiasm and Self-confidence with our students while providing guidance and support to cultivate personal, social and academic development. These everyday people — parents, community members, business professionals —are just like you!
Who Is In the Program?
How can I become a HEROES mentor?
- Register with this link attend one of the upcoming mentor training sessions:
- Friday, Aug 23, 2019 | 2:00 p.m. — 3:30 p.m. | Grandview Hills Elementary
- Thursday, Aug 29, 2019 | 1:00 p.m. — 2:30 p.m. | LISD Admin Building
- Friday, Sept 6, 2019 | 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. | Grandview Hills Elementary
- Friday, Sept 13, 2019 | 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. | LISD Admin Building
- Thursday, Sept 19, 2019 | 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. | Grandview Hills Elementary
- Friday, Sept 27, 2019| 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. | LISD Admin Building
Do you have a student who would benefit from a HEROES mentor?
40 Developmental Assets
Asset Building Ideas
Role of a Mentor
Qualities of an Effective Mentor