Distribution of Chromebooks
As we move into Phase 2 of Distance Learning, we are committed to ensuring that students have the digital and technological resources needed to learn.
On Tuesday, April 7, we will begin loaning Chromebook laptops to elementary students (grades PreK–5) who have limited or no access to a device at their homes. We have a coordinated plan of loaning out device April 7-9 at our elementary school campuses.
How do I get help with my student or staff device?
As we support students and staff across Leander ISD, we have members of our technology team ready to support you. Contact them at:
How can students get access to free internet in the Leander ISD area?
A few Internet Service Providers (ISP) are providing free, trial internet to homes who may not have access.
Comcast is offering:
- Sixty (60) days of free Internet Essentials service, which is normally available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month.
- For new customers, applicants can simply visit www.internetessentials.com (website includes written and video chat customer service options) or by calling 1-855-846-8376 (English) or 1-855-765-6995 (Spanish).
Spectrum is offering:
- Sixty (60) days free broadband and Wi-Fi access for households with K-12 and/or college students who don’t already have a Spectrum broadband subscription.
- No installation fees for new households.
- Enroll by calling 1-844-488-8395.
Suddenlink (operated by Altice Advantage) is offering:
- Sixty (60) days of free internet to any household in its service area that has a K-12 and/or college student.
- Call 888-633-0030 or learn more at AlticeAdvantageInternet.com.
Please note that Leander ISD is not affiliated with these businesses and does not directly support these products.