Grievances and Complaints


Parents and community members wishing to contact the school board regarding a grievance or complaint about a specific school, teacher or child are encouraged to begin at the level closest to the concern. The Board encourages students and parents to discuss their concerns and complaints through informal conferences with the appropriate teacher, principal, or other campus administrator. Concerns should be expressed as soon as possible to allow early resolution at the lowest possible administrative level.

Most issues can be resolved by contacting the teaching, coach, guidance counselor, etc. The campus principal or assistant principal can also resolve many issues informally. Parents and community members may also contact District administrators who are responsible for the area of concern, which could include:

  • Curriculum & Instruction, 512-570-0200
  • Special Education, 512-570-0300
  • Student Services (student discipline issues, etc.), 512-570-0150
  • Business & Operations, 512-570-0400 (Child Nutrition Services, 512-570-0670; Transportation, 512-570-0700)

The District encourages informal resolution of complaints. Students, parents, employees, and members of the community may initiate the formal grievance process by filing a grievance in accordance with the policies listed below:

Even after initiating the formal complaint process, students and parents are encouraged to seek informal resolution of their concerns. A student or parent whose concerns are resolved may withdraw a formal complaint at any time.

Neither the Board nor any District employee shall unlawfully retaliate against any student or parent for bringing a concern or complaint.

More information about Board of Trustees

Updated on January 14, 2021

Was this article helpful?

Related Articles

Need Support?
Can’t find the answer you’re looking for? Don’t worry we’re here to help! Submit your dialogue.
Let's Talk


  1. I needing to file a formal complaint by utilizing the: Parents/Students – Board Policy FNG (Local), listed under Grievances and Complaints. Where do I find this form? I am not finding anything that is helpful me to proceed in filing.

    Thank you!

  2. How do I find out more information on how and what to file, along with information about the policy “Parents/Students – Board Policy FNG (Local)”?

  3. How do you file a complaint against a staff member of an LISD school for being consistently rude, disrespectful, condescending, and just downright ugly?

  4. I have left to message to get a snap code to register my son and have not had a response. I have called the dist main number and the reply was to wait for the response. I contacted his local and they could not help. What a terrible process!!!
    He is a returning student. Just a stupid process. If you have the ability to text me that he needs to register just text me a dam snap code…..

  5. Hello, I was directed to your website for Level II (2) FNG Grievance forms, please tell me where such documents are located, thank you.

  6. Hi Corey,

    I need to file a grievance against LISD BUS Services, as the Director of Bus Services will not return my calls. Who do I see about this issue?

Leave a Comment