We want to partner with our media outlets to inform our community and tell the stories of Leander ISD schools, students, teachers, and staff.
Our School Community Relations team is the official media contacts for Leander ISD. That team includes Chief Communications Officer Corey Ryan, Communications Coordinator Matt Mitchell, Marketing Specialist Rachel Acosta, and Communications Specialist Crestina Hardie.
Members of the Media
If you are a reporter, producer, editor, or news director who regularly works with Leander ISD, please join our Remind group to:
- send questions (only seen by LISD media relations liaisons),
- get updates during ongoing situations, and
- connect for story ideas.
As we work remotely and throughout our 200-mile square district, Remind allows us to be responsive.
How to Remind
- Click here to join our Remind class.
- Change your contact information.
- Adjust your notification preferences.
- Board Policies
- Board Meeting Agendas
- Demographic Report
- Knowledge Base
- Multimedia Website – Download High-Resolution Photos and Videos
- News Website
- Podcasts (Spotify, Apple, Google)
- Student Code of Conduct
- April 2, 2020 – Technology Distribution, Remote Learning Update
- April 1, 2020 – Board Approves Temporary Policy Change for GPA, Class Rank
- March 31, 2020 – Media Relations Launches Remind Class for Media
- The Dual Language application for 2021-22 incoming Kindergarten students is available now. Applications must be turned in to LISD, online, in person, or via mail by Friday, April 30, 2021, at 5 p.m. to be considered for the program. Applications received after May 8 may be placed on a waitlist. […]
- During our Feb. 22 Leander ISD Board of Trustees meeting, the Board: Gave emergency authority to the Superintendent to repair buildings damaged by the recent winter storms. Considered zoning scenarios ahead of the opening of the next two elementary schools (vote comes on Thursday, Feb. 25). Approved a plan to […]
- Leander ISD got a first-hand look at the damage caused by last week's winter storm. CNS delivered free meals at all eight middle schools. The post District Assesses Damage, Delivers Meals During Winter Storm Recovery appeared first on Leander ISD News.
- The district's nonprofit foundation LEEF has transitioned its Amplify Austin fundraiser into raising money specifically for teachers who will need to rebuild their classrooms. The post LEEF Helps You Help Teachers appeared first on Leander ISD News.
- LISD will release students at their usual times today, Thursday, Feb. 11, 2021, but all after-school activities (athletics, fine arts, YMCA after-school program) are canceled. Parents may pick up early if they choose. Classes are 100% virtual Friday, Feb. 12. The post District to reopen most school buildings Wednesday, Feb. […]
Freedom of Information Act
We work diligently to give media members information for news coverage. If information is not readily available or if we are unsure a responsive record exists, we require media to enter an open record request through firstname.lastname@example.org.