We want to partner with our media outlets to inform our community and tell the stories of Leander ISD schools, students, teachers, and staff.
Our School Community Relations team is the official media contacts for Leander ISD. That team includes Chief Communications Officer Corey Ryan, Communications Coordinator Matt Mitchell, Marketing Specialist Rachel Acosta, and Communications Specialist Crestina Hardie.
Members of the Media
If you are a reporter, producer, editor, or news director who regularly works with Leander ISD, please join our Remind group to:
- send questions (only seen by LISD media relations liaisons),
- get updates during ongoing situations, and
- connect for story ideas.
As we work remotely and throughout our 200-mile square district, Remind allows us to be responsive.
How to Remind
- Click here to join our Remind class.
- Change your contact information.
- Adjust your notification preferences.
- Board Policies
- Board Meeting Agendas
- Demographic Report
- Knowledge Base
- Multimedia Website – Download High-Resolution Photos and Videos
- News Website
- Podcasts (Spotify, Apple, Google)
- Student Code of Conduct
- April 2, 2020 – Technology Distribution, Remote Learning Update
- April 1, 2020 – Board Approves Temporary Policy Change for GPA, Class Rank
- March 31, 2020 – Media Relations Launches Remind Class for Media
- With about a week to go before the class of 2020 celebrates graduation at Gupton Stadium, the district released more details about how the events will operate safely and within public health guidelines, restricting crowd sizes to 100 people or less.
- Leander ISD launched a survey for all families to select preferences for opening the 2020-21 school year. The survey, which is accessible via the email for Guardian #1 (identified by the family when registering their student), will be sent from email@example.com.
- Trustees met for a Special Meeting to discuss equity and diversity action steps to address discrimination and racism; an update on plans for starting school in the 2020-21 school year; and the annual evaluation of Superintendent Bruce Gearing, Ed.D.
- With graduation dates coming soon, we would like to provide our graduates and families an update regarding our ceremonies. We wish we could be together, celebrating as normal as possible. Health and safety continue to be our top priorities. Due to the recent guidance by Texas Governor Greg Abbott, we […]
- Introducing the Leander ISD Staff Spotlight! Read about some of our exceptional staff nominated for exemplifying the Leander Way!
Freedom of Information Act
We work diligently to give media members information for news coverage. If information is not readily available or if we are unsure a responsive record exists, we require media to enter an open record request through firstname.lastname@example.org.